Announcement

Collapse

Do not wear RKS tags just because you registered on the forums! You have to file an application first!

Just because you registered on our forums does not mean that you can wear our tags. Please note that you have to file an application to join first. All users who wear our tags without filing an application and getting accepted or recruited first will be banned from the servers when caught!
See more
See less

[RESOLVED] Forum Instability...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RESOLVED] Forum Instability...

Many of you may have noticed that our forum has become unstable. You may get weird database errors from time to time that aren't really errors, and the template sometimes glitches.

RKS forums have come a long way over the years. Over these years, the forums has been updated each time. Transition between VB3 and VB4 has been a particularly tough one as we encountered performance issues. Although most of these issues has been solved, the forum is still running slower than normal, and there are excessive garbage files in existance. As such, RKS website will be undergoing a complete overhaul in the next few days. All forums, posts, and users will be migrated over to a new vBulletin instllation. Then, all the plugins and templates will be installed before having that forum turned into the main RKS page.

This process will be time consuming, however, it has reached a point where it's necessary. I will make a new announcement once the new forums are up. Please make sure that you report any bugs that you encounter.

DDoS or zks incedent? ore none?
    I want to see her face when she eats my cream!
    - Dr. Walter Bishop

Comment

Neither. It just happened due to small amounts of garbage accumulating over time.

Comment

well lets burn the garbage then

Comment

Finding these code fragments will be difficult. It's time for a clean installation.

Comment

Forums have been cleaned up for those who didn't hear. I forgot to update this announcement.

Comment

Working...
            X