A quick question

So on the DarkRP server I noticed that custom jobs couldn't be used (I guess because people would change their job to mass murderer or something and just RDM). But if there's another reason why its not in use I'd like to hear it.

So on the DarkRP server I noticed that custom jobs couldn't be used (I guess because people would change their job to mass murderer or something and just RDM). But if there's another reason why its not in use I'd like to hear it.
Its to stop people from becoming a hitman, and RDMing for cash. The DarkRP server is not really one thats based on drugs guns violence, its more of a Citizens life then anything.

Well of course, it would have to be where you can be anything that wont break any rules just doing their job.
Yeah, Like a public speaker (id be that so you guys can make a law to arrest people who are speaking in public) or I can be a lawyer or something along those lines.

When I made the server I disabled /job. The reason was on previous versions of the RKS Dark RP server and on other servers I noticed a tendency for people to abuse the /job function. I would see people set there job to gangster when the gangster organization was full. Or people would set there Job to Hitman and go around killing people at random. Or people who would go Corrupt Cop and work with the gangster. So instead of making a LONG list of rules to prevent this (you would still have all the people who don't read the MOTD abuse it, I chose to remove it completely. Once Gmod 13 is out I'll look into allowing respected to be able to use /job. This would also give people a reason to want to become respected.

When I made the server I disabled /job. The reason was on previous versions of the RKS Dark RP server and on other servers I noticed a tendency for people to abuse the /job function. I would see people set there job to gangster when the gangster organization was full. Or people would set there Job to Hitman and go around killing people at random. Or people who would go Corrupt Cop and work with the gangster. So instead of making a LONG list of rules to prevent this (you would still have all the people who don't read the MOTD abuse it, I chose to remove it completely. Once Gmod 13 is out I'll look into allowing respected to be able to use /job. This would also give people a reason to want to become respected.
Yay Respected, but I think its a really good idea.

I don't find /job to be that interesting but I guess it could be a nice little addition to being respected.

You know what Hucota7 my boy, you can eat my pants on a tire spoke. Then eat Jay's soul(it will taste like crap cause he is made of crap).

Back