New number pad update blows.

Jay

Members
Fireproof Thor did a great job of fixing the shipment bug, but along with it came some other updates. Number pads are unusable, which is a bummer because number pads do not ONLY correlate with fading doors, they also correlate with wheels, hover balls, and other things, which sucks because their now unusable. I don't know if there is a way around this because in order to fix it you would have to long story short, re-enable the number pad. Please reply with your thoughts on the problem.

Hi there! I'm probably better known as Roc at this point and time.

The numpad issue is not a glitch. You are not supposed to use your number pad anyway to open or close doors (fading or non).

Rule 28 Do not activate fading doors or regular doors without using your keypads

As for working with hoverballs or wheels, player vehicles have time and time again been abused as a way to avoid being captured by cops or not use fuel mod. It sucks that it happened but when things get abused, stuff gets taken away.

There should be some sort of exceptions I think. Certain tools allow my pad usage, or admins/respected can use the my pad for certain things. I just dislike the sudden and extreme limitation. Plus, a lot of people have been confused. If you haven't already, you guys may want to put something at the top of the motd.

the thing with limiting the number pad is that it is all or nothing. there is nothing that i can do that will allow it to work for somethings and not others. The fact is that the rule about using the keypad is being abused by almost everyone forced me to restrict it from everyone. I might re enable the keypad after awhile.

the number pads have now been re enabled the change is now doors use wire ONLY and and will not work with number pad keypads. this was the best solution that i could come up with that allows for the doors not to be open with the number pad and still allow everything else.

It's not hard to get it. Heck, it's provided right in front of everyone's faces as you join the server.

that's correct because of the number of people who would ask about wire is is posted there. but there is a catch you DON'T need wire in order to use wire you only need to download it for 1. the models and 2. single player

Back