[REJECTED] mass ban

Wonderful idea in writing, in reality, there is no feasible method of implenting it. Tests are way too single sided, good test takers often have trouble in unexpected problems or those they have no encountered before. Therefore, the easiest way of checking for maturity is to limit by age which has a high degree of corrolation with maturity.

Other things you should realize is that it's not just about the maturity. There are many other things to consider. You have to consider how intimidating a person might be. A person is more likely to listen to admins writing proper grammer and/or those with a adult voice than that of a person who have not yet reached puberty, and this effect is more profound when a person is older than a admin.

Furthermore, regardless of maturity, younger admins tend to have less experience with life overall, and tend to perform worse compared to older counterparts.

As such, age limitation is the most feasible and most effective method to finding a good admin.

Death definatly has intimidation and adult voice going for him lol
plus grammar, as we all know

i think we should ban threeshots and GMOD dude, they demoted panda from mob boss because of a "bad agenda" even when she was trying to type a new one. she then walked around as a citizen and sulked which i didnt mind, but when she asked for a second chance they said no and killed her.......repeatedly. And during the chessgame they kept trying to ruin it so we had cops guarding the area.

I dont mean to sound rude, but...
Are we going to ban these people or not. This is propbably the only ban thread that i have seen that has been here for more then 3 days. Can we please answer the question of whether or not were are going to ban these people?

Theres really no reason to ban people who most likely will never come to the server again.

They were just mingebags going server surfing.

Interesting stuff about age requirements and such, though.
I honestly would have thought you fellows to have figured that stuff out already....
This must have been a rather recent shuffling of the RKS clan from old to new, huh?
No need to answer that, by the way.

I've always thought it kind of silly to have little kids hanging around on games that you find
to be more often than not populated by a large percentage of older teens and adults.
All it seems to accomplish is annoyment for everyone...first other people get annoyed
with how nubbish and immature little kids tend to act, then the little kids get annoyed
with how they're being treated differently and start acting out even more...you can
easily tell where this stream of thought is going. We've all experienced that sort of
thing before.

Anyway, not that it was implicitly asked, but in my opinion the age limit is definitely
a good idea if you're going to be handing out admin, respected, and just plain memberships
out to people more and more frequently...or not. Either way, having a mature, and
at least relatively calm clan population that can act logically and not just react to any
given situation would not only improve the way that issues are resolved within the games,
but also raise the enjoyment level of the gaming experience and respect for the clan as
well. This would bring more traffic to the servers and, more likely than not, increase
donations that the clan would receive for having its affairs in such good order.

That may sound a little elitist, I imagine...but that's what seems to work in most scenarios.

Anyway, that's my two bits. :D

Interesting stuff about age requirements and such, though.
I honestly would have thought you fellows to have figured that stuff out already....
This must have been a rather recent shuffling of the RKS clan from old to new, huh?
No need to answer that, by the way.

I've always thought it kind of silly to have little kids hanging around on games that you find
to be more often than not populated by a large percentage of older teens and adults.
All it seems to accomplish is annoyment for everyone...first other people get annoyed
with how nubbish and immature little kids tend to act, then the little kids get annoyed
with how they're being treated differently and start acting out even more...you can
easily tell where this stream of thought is going. We've all experienced that sort of
thing before.

Anyway, not that it was implicitly asked, but in my opinion the age limit is definitely
a good idea if you're going to be handing out admin, respected, and just plain memberships
out to people more and more frequently...or not. Either way, having a mature, and
at least relatively calm clan population that can act logically and not just react to any
given situation would not only improve the way that issues are resolved within the games,
but also raise the enjoyment level of the gaming experience and respect for the clan as
well. This would bring more traffic to the servers and, more likely than not, increase
donations that the clan would receive for having its affairs in such good order.

That may sound a little elitist, I imagine...but that's what seems to work in most scenarios.

Anyway, that's my two bits. :D

In some ways you are correct, PY gave random people in RKS admin before the clan was reconstructed, long BEFORE any of the now RKS members are here. And its not age limit, its the experience with admin, sourcemod, mani, uls, assmod, everything. Its how long you have dealt with it. At least in my opinion.

Yeah, and I learnt from that that age is ultimately what affects it the most. Those who don't know can learn. But no one can age and mature without waiting. you can't simply learn "maturity". You have to get it over time.

well, raising the admin thing isnt a great idea. you should just really get to know the people first, ya know? like make sure they wot be immature and abuse and get complained about*cough cough masterlight cough cough*

Back